Sample of recent publications
- “Analysis: is modern slavery legislation up to the challenge?”Ethical Corporation Magazine, 18 November 2016.
- “North Korean defectors tell of hell on earth,” LinkedIn, August 19 2015.
- “Accounting for gender: the COAG Reform Council’s role in tracking outcomes for women and girls across Australia,” Australian Journal of Public Administration, September 2014.
- “Blood in your mobile: implications for the electronics industry of conflict minerals from the Democratic Republic of the Congo,” Ethical Corporation Magazine, 14 August 2014.
- “Any volunteers? Challenges and opportunities for corporations implementing the responsibility to respect human rights,” Australian Journal of Corporate Law, (2013) 28 AJCL 72.
- “Ethics and legality–US Prevention in Iran,” chapter in The Ethics of Preventive War
(edited by Deen Chatterjee): Cambridge University Press, April 2013.
- Addressing barriers for jobless families, principal author, report of the Australian Social Inclusion Board to the Australian Government (2011).
Sample of Recent Presentations
- Keynote address, Cracking the Code – Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Sydney Inaugural Conference, 29 September 2016.
- “Business and human rights – what does it mean for my company?,” co-hosted by Herbert Smith Freehills and FTI Consulting, April 2016.
- Chair, International Human Rights Day Panel, New South Wales Parliament House, December 2015.
- Plenary panel member, “Building on existing programs and strategies to develop and implement National Action Plans on business and human rights,” ASEAN Responsible Business Forum, Kuala Lumpur, October 2015.
- “Meeting their responsibility to respect human rights, while creating shared value,” presentation at CR3+ Conference on Expanding CSR Horizons, La Trobe University, Melbourne, 27 March 2014.
- “Using social impact measurement to improve policy outcomes,” plenary address at Progressing Social Outcomes Measurement Conference, Sydney, 19 February 2014.
- “Thin Grey Line: State versus Corporate Roles and Responsibilities in the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights,” panel speaker, Business for Social Responsibility Conference, San Francisco, 7 November 2013.
- “Recent domestic and international developments in business and human rights,” plenary address to the Corporate Law Teachers’ Association Conference, Australian National University, Canberra, 5 February 2013.
- “Teaching business and human rights in Australia,” presentation to Teaching Business and Human Rights Workshop, Columbia University, New York, 4 May 2012.